# Introduction to the Content-type Builder
The Content-type Builder is a core plugin of Strapi. It is a feature that is always activated by default and cannot be deactivated. The Content-type Builder is however only accessible when the application is in a development environment.
Administrators can access the Content-type Builder from Content-type Builder in the main navigation of the admin panel.
From the Content-type Builder, administrators can create and manage content-types: collection types and single types but also components.
- Collection types are content-types that can manage several entries.
- Single types are content-types that can only manage one entry.
- Components are a data structure that can be used in multiple collection types and single types.
All 3 are displayed as categories in the sub navigation of the Content-type Builder. In each category are listed all content-types and components that have already been created.
From each category of the Content-type Builder sub navigation, it is possible to:
- click on an existing content-type or component to access it and edit it (see Managing content-types),
- or create a new content-type or component (see Creating content-types).
Click the search icon in the Content-type Builder sub navigation to find a specific collection type, single type, or component.