# Using the Marketplace
The Marketplace is where users can find additional plugins to customize Strapi applications, and additional providers to extend plugins. The Marketplace is located in the admin panel, indicated by Marketplace. In the Marketplace, users can browse or search for plugins and providers, link to detailed descriptions for each, and submit new plugins and providers.
🤓 In-app Marketplace vs. Market website
The Marketplace in the admin panel only displays v4 plugins, but all plugins for all Strapi versions are discoverable in the Strapi Market (opens new window).
Keep in mind that v3 and v4 plugins are not cross-compatible, but that providers are compatible both with v3 and v4 plugins.
The Plugins and Providers tabs display each plugin/provider on individual cards containing:
- their name, sometimes followed by either of the following badges:
- to indicate it is made by Strapi,
- to indicate it was verified by Strapi.
- the description
- a Learn more button for additional information, including detailed implementation instructions
- a Copy install command button to copy the installation command to the local clipboard. For any installed plugins and providers, this button is replaced by an indicator that it is already installed.
In the top right corner of the Marketplace, the Submit your plugin button redirects to the Strapi Market where it is possible to submit your own plugin and provider.
The search bar displays incremental search results based on the plugin/provider name and description.
# Installing Marketplace plugins and providers
Marketplace plugins and providers are installed and deleted from the user's terminal (see Developer Documentation).
To install a new plugin or provider via the Marketplace:
- Go to the Marketplace.
- Choose the Plugins tab to browse available plugins or the Providers tab to browse available providers.
- Choose an available plugin/provider and click on the Copy install command button.
- Switch to your terminal and navigate to the Strapi application directory.
- Paste and run the copied install command.
- Follow any plugin/provider-specific implementation instructions.